Change is my constant, diversity and dynamic is my essence...
I have different professional focus: as a curator, artist, photographer, consultant on various topics about Georgia: country, culture, culinary and sustainable tourism. I work both artistically and applied. The topics of origin, emigration, young positions and women in photography and art are especially in my focus.
If you want to know more about me, below you can find my short biography.
Teona Gogichaishvili is a native Georgian and has lived in Germany for 24 years. Following her studies in German language and literature at the universities of Freiburg and Cologne, she studied photography and design at the ecosign / Akademie für Gestaltung in Cologne, graduating as a photographic designer. Subsequently, she studied photography at the University of Applied Sciences Bielefeld under Prof Katharina Bosse and Prof Dr Anna Zika and graduated with a Master of Arts in photography and design. She received a fellowship from the DAAD for her Master’s dissertation.
Ms Gogichaishvili has been a photographer and lecturer at various universities and institutions since 2006, for example at the ALANUS / Hochschule für Kunst und Gesellschaft Alfter, ECOSIGN / Akademie für Gestaltung Köln, Akademie Burg Fürsteneck, Fulda and so forth.
Since 2011, Ms Gogichaishvili has been the co-organizer of the international photo festival KOLGA TBILISI PHOTO in Tbilisi, Georgia.
At the Remscheid Music and Art School, Ms. Gogichaishvili has headed the Department of Art since 2017. In 2018, Ms. Gogichaishvili was appointed as a member of the German Society of Photography (DGPh).
Within the framework of the KOLGA TBILISI PHOTO Festival from 2011 to 2020 / SELECTION
• Finbarr O'Reilly : Dakar Fashion
• Jonas Bendiksen: THE LAST TESTAMENT
• Marc Riboud: The Compassionate Eye
• Bénédicte Kurzen: Lake Tschad
• Sarah Moon: Le Petit Chaperon Noir
• Lela Ahmadzai: Four Women in Kabul
• Nikos Pilos: Exodus
• UNICEF: Photo of the Year
• Jan Grarup: And Then There was Silence
Georgian-German Culture Festival SUPRA
ARTRMX e.V. Cologne/DE
2020 Houston FotoFest (USA)
2021 Photoszene Köln (DE)
2016 - 2020 Voies Off Festival Arles (FR)
2012 - 2019 KOLGA TBILISI PHOTO Festival (GE)
• The future is ours: German and Georgian Positions on Youth Culture with: David Meskhi, Sera Dzneladze, Carmen Catuti, Isadora Tast, Sandra Stein, Nicole Wilke and Stephan Lucka, Fabian Weiß, Dina Oganova, Giorgi Nebieridze
• Guram Tikanadse: The other Soviet man. Photographs 1950 - 1960
2016 Welt am Sonntag
2016 Stuttgarter Zeitung
2013 KSTA, Kölnischer Rundschau
2012 Tabula Art, Focus
2011 Museumskatalog Hoffheim am Taunus
2009 Ausstellungskatalog von der FH Bielefeld
2007 Novum, Der Tagesspiegel
1994/2011 The new Georgian Paper, Tabula Art, Focus, Photo Video